Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Thursday, September 13, 2012

New Trout Pack

As you may have seen from my recent trout outings and photos, I got a new pack.  The pack is made by Cabela's and I first saw it at HFNI.  Andy from team New Jersey was sporting it.  I was looking to upgrade from the traditional vest so I asked him about it.  Both he and Paul had hip packs and loved them.  Andy's was a Cabela's brand and Paul's was Fishpond I believe.  Knowing full well that Melissa would never let me have a Fishpond, I asked for the Cabela's one as a gift.  At first, I have to admit I didn't like it.  Oh I liked it just fine when Andy showed me his.  However, I didn't try it on.  When I got mine, I noticed I had a hard time wearing it.  See, dear reader the problem was that I have no hips.  I cinched the straps down but the pack barely stayed on my waist.  I was pissed.  I hated it.  I wanted to return it.  Then Melissa was kind enough to point out that it came with a strap and maybe I could sling it across my back.  Well I tried it and it worked.  God how I hate when she is right about something.  Anyways, I started stuffing it with crap.  I still don't have everything where I want it to be but I am getting there.  It has a rather large foam patch in the front.  It has two side mesh pockets for water bottles for other assorted stuff.  Behind the zippered foam patch, there is a small zippered pocket that is perfect for your leaders, split shot and floats.  Next is the main compartment.  Truly there is a lot of room in here as you can see from the photos.  It does have a small mesh zippered pocket in the lid which is a great place to store your Gink, Xink or whatever else you use.  I can't fit all of my trout boxes in here but four large ones and two thin ones seem to work just fine.  I guess if I can't catch them with those 1000 flies in six boxes, I probably can't catch them period.  All in all I like it.  I am still getting used to it and need to find a home for a few things but I believe we may have a keeper in this guy.  Sure as hell beats the shit out of wearing a vest!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your scored a good pack there. It appears it will carry more than you would need for a regular day of fishing. I am of the opinion, if the fish don't want what I brought with me for the day, then I will get them the next time!

    ReplyDelete