Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Out With The Old and In With The New

So I decided it was time to upgrade my chest pack.  I looked at myself one day in the mirror and it appeared as those I was pregnant.  I couldn't have that.  I admit that I am a bit on the plump side but the chest pack was killing me.  I had simply out grown it.  Some might argue that I had over packed it.  I disagree.  I believe that prior planning prevents a piss poor performance.  I take a lot of flies with me because when I don't, it always seems like I want or need what I don't have.  I have been using a rather small William Joseph pack for quite some time now.  This small pack did not afford me the chance to carry a lot.  I maxed out the space on the foam pad and could only carry one fly box in the back pocket.  I mean I did put other stuff in there and important stuff it was like my cigars, lighter, punch etc.  Only one fly box though. As you can see from the photos space is at a premium and the pack is small.  







Last year I saw the new William Joseph pack and fell in love.  However, the money it cost was a big deterrent.  I was tooling around evilbay the other day and found one at a price I could live with.  Actually more like a price Melissa could live with.  Well probably not but she sucked it up.  It arrived the other day and man do I love it.  It is not the newer version of the pack which I was a little disappointed about.  The newer one has magnets for all the pockets so all you have to do it full them apart rather than unzip them.  It might seem a tad bit on the lazy side but I was feeling it.  I still have not switched over to the new pack yet but there is a ton more room.  It has two zingers on it, two small side pockets, a foam pad in the front, the TCS or tippet control system also in the front and three nice sized pockets in the back.  One thing I really like about this pack is that you don't have to take it off to get to the back pockets.  You can actually keep it on and just swing it around.  Cool right?  I thought so.  










Wow so much space.  How am I going to fill it all up?  Oh yea that's right tie more flies.  Hey Melissa I need to buy more materials........


4 comments:

  1. This pack has a lot of great looking features. Looking forward to more feedback after you load it with all your "stuff". You can never have enough "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummm....just saw this post. This pack looks suprisingly familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm....just saw this post. This pack looks suprisingly familiar...

    ReplyDelete