Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Patterns and Color Combos

I have been working on some new patterns and color combos as of late.  The first four photos are of some new patterns and color combos.  These are all tied on a Mustad 3366 size 10 hook.  At the request of a potential customer, I was trying to make some smaller flies in various color combos for panfish. 

Up first is a black foam fly with rust dubbing, black rubber legs and a rusty brown flash for the tail.
Next is a chartreuse foam and chartreuse dubbing fly with lime green flash for a tail and orange legs.  Sorry about the photo as it is hard to photograph this color.  Plus I drank a lot of coffee so I might have been shaking a bit.
The third fly has an insect green foam and hot yellow dubbing body.  It has yellow rubber legs and lime green flash for the tail.
Last for the foam flies has an orange foam and peacock black dubbing body.  I went with black rubber legs and rusty brown flash for the tail.

Next up are two Road Kill nymphs.  These are ties on a size 10 3X long hook.  I am heading to a pond hopefully tomorrow that I have fished before with Greg.  He always does well on a white curly tailed grub so I was trying to come up with something that would look like that.  This is what I went with.  Not wild about either of them but we will see how they do.



7 comments:

  1. Nice ties. I really like the Road Kills... almost look likes skunks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tie something like the top foam flies and use them on bluegill. Works almost as well as a foam spider. Especially the chartruese color fly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Road Kill pattern reminds me of that Squirrel on those Ice Age movies. The one that can never get the acorn. Nice foam fly! I ty several patterns using foam I'll have to get some more posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J
    All these flies are killers---the Road Kill would be effective on any river either for trout, or warmwater species. Great Job on all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are real cool, I found another fly from another swap we were in.

    Any specific type of dubbing you are using for the foam ones?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Road Kill nymph looks like a good substitute for the classic white plastic grub. Looking forward to hearing how well it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the looks of your Road Kill....has to catch fish for sure! It is a bugger to tie though...first few took me forever! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete