Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yesterday's afternoon session




I got a late start yesterday and I didn't get to the river until almost four.  At this time of year, one really needs to be there around noon or so as the weather warms up and before the sun goes down.  As I got there, I noticed that the water was stained, high and running a little fast due to the recent rain we have had.  Anyways, on a hunch a started throwing a foam bumble bee I created.  The panfish loved it.  I landed 14 before I decided to switch to a black bead head wooly bugger.  I was hoping to catch some bigger smallies.  I was disappointed.  Before I go any further, it is important for people to understand that the river I fish is small.  Therefore, I only use size 8 or 10 flies.  A trophy smallie on this river is a 14 or 15 incher.  I am fine with that.  I just love catching them in general.  I ended the two hour session with 6 smallies, 1 huge fall fish and 23 palm sized panfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment