Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Friday, August 23, 2013

Flies for Review and Orders Shipped

One of my goals has always been to get published in some type of fly fishing or tying magazine.  I have to admit that I haven't really tried very hard.  I secretly keep thinking that one day someone will notice how great our stuff is and reach out to us.  I suppose, truth be told, that if I want to do it and I mean really do it, then I need to start submitting articles regarding our flies.  I have been trying to gather interest in our stuff by reaching out to some major companies and personalities within the fly fishing/tying industry lately with little success.  Finally, someone became interested.  Southern Culture on the Fly wrote me back and said they would be interested in looking at our poppers.  So, we sent them a set of four poppers that contained a popper in each of the sizes we currently offer.  I know they are decent flies.  Really I do.  That, however, does not make me any less nervous.  I feel like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs and I have no idea why.  Now to patiently (not) wait to see how they like them and not check my email or Facebook messages (yea right) like a crack addict.  While nervous I am also very excited at this potential new prospect.


Here is a photo of some flies we recently sent to Zeb over at Snowman Custom Rod Works.  Zeb does some amazing work which I was able to see first hand at Beaver Island.  I saw and held the Epic 990 in So Blue that he built for Cameron.  Amazing workmanship.  Truly an artist.  I knew I was going to buy an Epic eventually and after seeing his work with my own two eyes, I decided to have Zeb build it.  He is currently building me an Epic 686 in Salsa.  I really can't wait for it to be finished.  It's a shame I can't fish or even cast it right now with my hand being injured.  It is really going to suck to get that wonderful piece of craftsmanship and just sit looking longingly at it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment