Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Working On My Fly Boxes

I am planning to get out this weekend and chase either browns or brookies so I thought I would work on my fly boxes.  I have been working on my nymph box.  I love fishing nymphs as much as dries.  I discovered this  pattern last year.  It is called a Psycho Nymph.  It is a variation of the bead head Prince Nymph.  Personally, I love it.  Now granted I have only caught one fish on it, a brownie, but I have faith in it.  I know it is going to pay off very soon.  Here is a link to an article from Fly Fisherman.  Good stuff indeed.



For brook trout, nothing beats a Humpy in mind opinion.  I love them.  I typically fish a very small mountain stream for brook trout.  By small, I mean if this stream is 6 feet wide, I would be shocked.  I have been fishing it for almost 20 years now and believe I know it like the back of my hand.  I throw Humpies in sizes 14 and 16 in red, green, yellow, black, and orange.  I have gotten some chartreuse ones but haven't used them yet.  For the most part, red and yellow seem to be the best colors. 


Damn I am getting some serious cabin fever now!



2 comments:

  1. And I thought you only tied warmwater patterns of your own design. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      I have tied nymphs before but not these. I had picked them up a while ago and they had been sitting on my shelf. I was simply organizing my boxes.

      Delete