Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pat Cohen's Video

We all know him.  He does some stunning and breath taking work.  His name is synonymous with deer hair. In fact I would bet that if one mentioned the name Pat Cohen in fly tying circles, those listening would immediately start thinking about golden bronze backs and multicolored, vivid 1/0 flies tied with deer hair.  Hell, the man has a gift.  He, without a doubt, does some of the best work with deer hair the fly tying community has ever seen.  His punk rockers alone are mind blowing.  I am sure his artist background has helped a lot but damn can the guy tie a mean bass bug.  Recently, Pat branched out and made a video about stacked deer hair.  I, of course, had to have it.  As soon as I could afford it, I bought it.  I mean who wouldn't want to tie bass bugs like Pat does???  Naturally I have visions in my head of turning out some masterpiece shortly after watching this video which I know is not the case but hard not to dream about.  Sadly I have not had a chance to watch it yet but I am sure based upon his work it will be awesome.  I will let you all know how it is when I watch it and create my very own stacked deer hair diver.


1 comment: