Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Visitor's Center at the Shenandoah River State Park

As stated in my earlier post, the Visitor's Center was actually pretty neat.  It had a small gift shop, an observation deck and a collection of fish, animals and birds that live in the park and were stuffed.  Some of the animal pelts you could touch like those in the first photo.  Speaking of photos, these photos really don't do the place justice.  It was really neat and I had a great time looking around.  I learned a lot about what swims, flies and walks in the park.  Their collection of owls was amazing.  All good stuff.  Outside of the building there was a small observation deck that overlooked the Shenandoah River.  The area around the building was filled with trails of all skill levels.  Again, I must say that I was pretty impressed and we enjoyed ourselves looking around at all the wonders of the park.












No comments:

Post a Comment