Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Friday, September 21, 2012

Outing #3 on the Shenandoah River

Tried a new area of the river today.  It didn't pan out like I wanted to.  I spent more time walking than I did fishing.  One thing I noticed about this section of water was the amount of aquatic plant life.  I don't want to call it algae because I don't think it is.  Maybe it is a grass of some kind.  Regardless, it can make wading tricky as it hides the bottom and rocks and provides some deception regarding the depth of the water.  I tried the Road Kill without much success.  I decided to switch to top water.  I threw the Retro Lime-A popper as well as some Panfish Persuaders.  They worked like a charm.  God how I have missed those explosive top water strikes.  Panfish hit with such gusto causing one to think they have a whale of a fish on.  River fish rock!  I finished the night with 13 long ears and 1 smallie.











No comments:

Post a Comment