Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another Order Filled

I spent some time yesterday at the bench finally.  I filled a small order for a local fly shop owner.  He wanted to try out some Road Kill Nymphs.  So I tied up a few and since I had a side job to work I sent the wife to the store to deliver them.  The wife called me to politely inform me that I was wrong on the time the store closed and that it closed two hours prior to her getting there.  This, of course, thrilled her since she had to take the boy with her who was simply put being an asshole yesterday.  Oh well these things happen right?

Here I am tying them up:
BTW if you are wondering why I am wearing a sock on my arm, it is because you can't, apparently, stick your arm in poison ivy and not expect to get it.  It happened at work and I got a nasty case of it on my right arm.  It was the first time for me that I have gotten it.  Getting old sucks!

My company while I filled the order:
I would like to point out that I hate this chair but the wife refuses to get rid of it.  Thank god at least someone is using it since we cant get rid of it.  This should also explain why at times you tend to see hair in my photos.  In fact the hair is every where in the house.  This guy has a sister but in black which makes for piles of dog hair throughout the house in gray.  It is just awesome but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Last but not least the order filled.  Since the shop was closed I may do another couple in different colors.  Regardless, here they are:


6 comments:

  1. Good looking flies , those would definitely kill em on a few streams here in the Ozarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. What colors would work out there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bugs, looks like you've got a great source of tying material sacked out in your chair. Gotta admit, my hound donates fur occasionally for the infamous "Junebugger" I twist up on the bench. Send you a pic next time I spin some up.

    -Ope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ope,

    Funny you should say that. My wife has been begging me to tie up something using their hair. She thinks it would be a riot. Send me some photos next time. I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - I may be out your way next tuesday or thursday. Care to wet a line?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys.

    @River Mud....I wish I would be around then. I will be on the eastern shore for training. We do have to meet at some point.

    ReplyDelete