Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Harman's North Fork Cottages Day 2 Morning Session Continued

Previously at Harman's: Greg and I got up early and fished on day 2 for trout out behind our cabin.  I landed 7 rainbows and Greg caught some rainbows and a tiger trout.  I had forgotten to mention that after the sun came up over the hill we moved to the big hole right at the entrance to Harman's North Fork Cottages.  Here are some photos of it.  This area is so beautiful.  We decided to take our farewell photos here as well.  As stated here are the photos of the big hole as it looked the morning of day 2:

I added a ton of photos of this area because I always find it to be both beautiful and special.  As you pull into Harman's this is the sight that greets you on the left of the road going back to the cabins.  For me it holds a promise of wonderful things to come such as wildlife to be seen, fish to be caught and good times to be enjoyed with my wife.  It really is magical in a sense and very hard to describe in words. 
What I did learn from this though is that you can't cross it.  Well maybe you could but I couldn't seem to find a way across.  Back to the story.  Greg and I hit this hole and at some point I decided to attempt to cross it in order to get to the other bank and work my way down the hole towards the bend by the road.  I distinctly remember Greg saying that there was no way to cross.  This hole is surprisingly deep... I was to learn that shortly.  I told Greg no worries that we could cross as long as we picked our way across carefully.  I managed to get about half way across when the water came up to my waist.  The next few steps I took proved just how deep the hole really is:
The water was actually higher on me than it appears in the first photo.  Greg was laughing so hard he was literally biting his hand in order to stifle his laugh from disturbing the other fishermen and the residents in the cabins behind us.  It took Greg a few seconds to realize he had a great photo opportunity.  When he finally managed to get his camera out and control his laughter these are the photos he got. 

So the morning session on day 2 at Harman's ended with me taking a swim and having to empty out my vest and all my fly boxes.  Most of them were full with water.  I had to dry everything out back at the cabin.  I am still drying stuff out at my house (on the dining room table, much to the wife's dismay) even as I write this!

No comments:

Post a Comment