Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Harman's North Fork Cottages Day 2

Previously at Harman's: Greg and I had caught a number of trout the first afternoon we were there and I broke my 3wt rod.  It literally snapped in half.  It is 18 years old and the first rod I ever got when I started to fly fish so I cant say I am surprised.  But damn! 

So Greg and I decided to wake up early and head out on Friday in search of more glorious trout.  We woke at 0700 and got ready.  I know, I know some of you out there are shaking your head and saying to yourself "That's early?"  Well kind readers for me it is.  I work evenings and don't get off until midnight.  Most nights I am not home until around 0100.  So I tend to be a night owl.  Back to the story.  We got up around 0700 and headed out to gear up.  The girls decided to sleep in.  Can't say as I blame them.  This is the site from the porch of our cabin that greeted us that morning.
Here is Greg gearing up.  He is the only one I have ever met who refuses to wet wade.  He wears waders even in the dead of Summer when we are chasing smallies.

We headed down to the stream right behind our cabin.  We did pretty well.  The rainbows loved the Batman and the Colorado Special.  It was a blast to watch them chase those nymphs.  They got mighty irritated at those nymphs.  Here are some photos of what we caught that morning.  All in all it was a good morning.  Greg landed a tiger but we couldn't get a photo of it.  Other than that, they were all rainbows.  Greg did mange to land two more monsters.

Like I said, all in all it was a great morning.  I ended the morning with 7 rainbows and I believe Greg landed 4 plus a tiger.  As soon as the sun peaked over the hill we called it a day and headed back to the cabin for breakfast.  We had to get ready to meet Kevin from anyway.  We were planning on heading out to chase some smallies in the afternoon/evening with him.

While waiting for Kevin after breakfast, Greg decided to go back and try for more trout.  I believe he actually enjoyed fishing for them.  So off we headed again around noon back to the stream.  We decided to hit the hole right outside our cabin for the second time that day.  Greg managed to land a brown.  He also lost another fish.  I have videos of each but they won't load for some reason.

Alright well the morning at Harman's came to an end without any issues.  Stay tuned for the second half of the day when we fished with Kevin from and Greg ended up breaking the second rod of the trip.


  1. Nice Post! Sounds like you were having a lot of fun.

  2. J&M
    This has got to be one special place. Is this the same place that Flyrod Chronicles films some of their shows? My wife and I want to go there in a couple of years. Is the area good for a beginner fly rod caster such as my wife, and is the wading easy or do you need a wading staff in places? Glad you guys had a great day.
    thanks for sharing

  3. Thanks guys, it is a lot of fun and such a wonderful place. Bill, I sent you an email but yes, this is the place from Fly Rod Chronicles. The people there are amazing. Do yourself a favor and visit them. You won't be dissapointed.