Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Monday, June 27, 2011

Sooner or Later

it was bound to be my turn.  I am referring to having a bad day on the water.  The fishing gods have been angry lately with Greg.  He had a bad week fishing.  I suppose it was only a matter of time for my number to come up.  Well it did come up.....yesterday.  Now I didn't have a bad day due to not catching anything or the lack of company.  Quite the contrary.  I caught a smallie, a nice red eyed rock and 13 long eared sunfish.  I also spent the evening fishing with my daughter.  She did fine as well catching largemouth, red eyed rocks and long ears.  It was a nice father/daughter moment.  Well it was nice until I opened my chest pack to switch to a Fish Foolin Frog popper and watched my camera fall out and quickly descend to the bottom of the Monocacy River.  My daughter turned to me and asked "was that your camera?"  I replied "Yep."  I last saw the camera rolling end over end on the bottom of the Monocacy River.  I spent the next ten minutes swimming for it.  The light was fading, the water was high and stained and hope was nonexistent.  The camera could not be located.  To make matters worse, this camera was not mine.  It was my work camera.  I had to call my company last night and explain what happened.

I also called Greg, who naturally, got a great laugh at my expense when I explained what had happened.  He did raise a good point though.  He reminded me how bad an experience he has had on this river lately and in the area in which I lost the camera.  He asked if maybe we needed to sacrifice something to the fishing gods to make things right.  Maybe he had a point???

6 comments:

  1. Well you sacrificed the camera, even tough it wan't yours. That should keep them happy for a while, though your boss might not be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sacrifice will keep you in the good graces of the fishing gods for a little while...

    bummer about the camera, but glad you got out and had a good evening with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. I did know one guy who dropped two cameras in the drink within a month of each other, and this was back when digital cameras were outrageously expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. River 1; Camera 0.
    Fish gods are satisifed but I saw the boss walking around with a purple IA folder...think its yours??

    ReplyDelete