Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Monday, June 27, 2011

Blog Shout Out for The African Fly Angler

I wanted to take some time and give a shout out to The African Fly Angler and his blog.  When I first started blogging, this was one of the first few blogs I followed.  I was stunned to learn that not only are there trout in Africa, there are also smallmouth bass.  I know right?  Who would have thought that trout could live in Africa?  I know I didn't.  Yet  as I checked out the blog, the awesome tying and the fishing reports, I quickly learned that trout are there, are healthy and seem to thrive.  AFA has done some great fishing reports as well as some fantastic tying.  Click here to see a fishing report in which smallmouth, rainbows and browns were caught http://theafricanflyangler.blogspot.com/2011/04/saterday-outing.html  Check out his poppers as well by clicking here http://theafricanflyangler.blogspot.com/2011/04/poppers.html

Trust me this blog is well worth your time!!  Check it out!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and he good comments . It is your awesome poppers that inspired me to tie a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same way when I first came across the blog..trout in Africa?? Definitely cool to check out techniques and patterns from across the globe and realize they're not much different than our own. I would highly recommend it as well...Jeff

    ReplyDelete