Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pond fishing today




Spent some time today doing some late season pond fishing for largemouth bass and bluegill.  The last couple of times I have been, I have cheated.  I hate to admit it.  I have been using a small 5 foot spinning rod and light line. It has been the first time in 10 years I have done any spin fishing.  I feel like a cheater.  In fact I wont even post the fish I catch on the spinning rod here on the blog.  I have only been spin fishing because the fish are holding along the bottom and I do not have a sinking tip line so I cant get down deep enough to find the fish.  That coupled with the fact that the pond my friend Greg and I have been fishing at is ringed with trees which makes casting a fly rod interesting to say the least.  I managed to land 6 gills today on my orange cone head woolly bugger with the legs.  I probably lost a good 20-25 fish.  The strikes were slow and I just kept missing them.  It was nice though to get out and do some fishing on a very beautiful fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment