Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Pond Fishing




I woke up early on Thursday and headed out to a pond in a neighboring county to fish it with a friend of mine.  It took us about an hour and a half to get there but it was worth it.  We each managed to catch at least 10 largemouth throughout the day.  I landed what was probably the biggest largemouth I have ever caught.  It was around 18 inches and 2 pounds 6 oz.  Now I hate to admit it but most of these fish were on a spinning rod.  I know, I know....I cheated.  This is one of the ponds I have been writing about.  The over hang and ground cover make it near impossible to fish.  That coupled with my lack of a sinking line to reach the fish is the reason why I have been turning to the spinning rod.  I did manage to use the fly rod for a short bit. I landed a few bluegills and one largemouth.  I had hooked another one of decent size but with my 4x tippett I was afraid to really set the hook and after a short battle he spit the hook out.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment