Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Friday, April 10, 2015

Multiplier Reels

Truthfully, I have never been a fan.  I am, however, a sucker for almost anything vintage fly fishing and a multiplier reel is no exception.  What if it is in the box with the original paperwork? Score!  Continuing to add to my Bronson Reel collection I picked up a Bronson Multi-Royal 380. This reel is a multiplier reel at a 2.5 to 1 ratio.  It weighs in at what I would consider a heavy 6 ounces.  I understand the older reels weighed more to give some balance to those older fiberglass rods.  I have to say that this thing is sexy.  It is red and silver in color and looks minty.  I'm not sure I am ever going to fish it, but I had to have it.  Does anyone use a multiplier reel?  If so, do you like it?  For now, I will have this guy on a shelf where I can admire it.  This gem may have to conclude my Bronson Reels collection... since I now have the 360, 370 and 380.  So many reels, so little time.









1 comment:

  1. I've always liked the looks of those Bronson reels. I don't know why I never started collecting them myself.

    ReplyDelete