Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Monday, January 20, 2014

Big Announcement!

It seems like just yesterday that I started tying my own flies.  It is hard to believe that it has been twenty years since I opened up my first fly tying kit and dove in head first.  One of the first things I remember about that fly tying kit was the vise.  It was pure crap.  I knew that I needed to replace it as soon as I could.  Tying and fishing came and went, based upon my work and family obligations.

It wasn't until about ten or so years ago that I began to consistently tie my own flies.  It was then that I started my search for a high quality vise.  I knew that I was going to be doing a lot of tying, and that I needed to replace that crappy vise that came with my fly tying kit.  After doing my research and trying out every vice I could, I decided that I wanted a Regal.  I have to say that I could not have made a better decision. I love my Regal vise.  When one of my wonderful children knocked it off the tying table and broke it a couple of years ago, I didn't even consider replacing it with another brand.  I did, however, consider replacing the child.  With all that being said, I am pleased to say that I am now a proud member of the Regal Pro Staff as an endorsed tier.  If you haven't already done so, check them out.  Their vises are awesome!  You can see my photo and bio here if you are interested.  I have to say that I am very excited about this opportunity.




4 comments:

  1. Congrats...They are the best vises for sure. My wife bought one for me when we were dating about 12 years ago. I use it everyday...

    www.brooksbrownsandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JMP,

      Thanks man. I do appreciate it. I love their vises and I am honored and excited about this. Where are you all located? I'm in Frederick County. We should hook up and fish some time!

      Delete
    2. I'm in Fayette county PA. Do you fish the Savage River at all?

      Delete
  2. Congratulation, my blogging and fly tying friend, you have earned it with your great work at J & M. BTW, even though I tie on a full rotary vise and not a Regal currently, I agree with you that they are the vise of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete