Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Monday, May 27, 2013

Clousers in the House

Recently I have been quite sick.  I was finally able to stumble to the vise and do some tying.  I needed a break from Poppers, Persuaders and Road Kills though.  So, I decided to revisit the Clouser.  We had sold these a few years back but took them off the shelf so to speak.  We had been using epoxy to seal the heads to them but found that the epoxy yellowed over time.  So, we stopped selling them.  I, of course, ran out of my stash last year and needed to tie more up.  Well, I figured now was the time since I needed a break.  I tied up about two dozen of them in the following color combos white/chartreuse, Kelly green/yellow, white/gray, purple/black and orange/black.  A while back I got some Pseudo Eyes from Hareline and decided to use them as well.  Two years ago, I was fishing the Kelly green/yellow with red flash and was slaying the fish on a local lake.  K.I.L.L.E.R!  These guys aren't pretty I know.  I need to find my groove with them and remember all the tips and techniques.  However, that being said, I don't think they are that bad either.  We decided to try  sealing them with the Delta Ceramcoat instead of the epoxy.  Yes I know about CCG and even have some.  I, and I know I am the minority here, don't love it.  The Delta Ceramcoat dries clear and remains rubbery so we were thinking that it might work out well.  So far, they only have one coat of the sealer on them.  I am curious to see how they work and stand up.  If they survive, it would be a nice alternative to the CCG or similar products that can be rather expensive.  Nothing against them, believe.  I know they work.  This is really more of a personal preference.  So, for those that tie and/or fish Clousers, what is your go to color combo?  Interested in hearing what other color combos are out there that have produced for people.





8 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff. When you get to perfection, shoot me an email. I'd like to order a few. The Clousers I have are falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,

      Send me an email at jandmflies@gmail.com so we can chat.

      Delete
  2. Never tried that green and yellow combo. I can see that working for smallies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White and Chartreuse my favorite! Nice ty's!

    ReplyDelete