Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mother Nature Hates Me

or so it would seem.  Every time I work the sun is out and there isn't a cloud in the sky.  Sometimes it maybe a little hot, read over 100 but at least there isn't any rain.  Every damn time lately that I have had one day off here and there, it has rained either that day or the day before.  This of course means the river will be running high, fast and stained.  Oh and I don't mean a little light rain either.  I mean a rain like when Noah had to collect the animals and run rain.  What this really all boils down to is that I haven't had much time to fish lately.  Either cause Mother Nature is mad at me for some reason or because I have been working like a dog as of late.  It has been a crazy Summer with the weather. 

I got an email from Jay over at the Naturalist's Angle.  He was a winner in the fly name contest.  He and Kelly were fishing with it and Kelly managed to land this with it:

What a beautiful fish.  Please do yourself a favor and check out Jay's blog.  If you want to read more about how this fish was caught, click here

I have been working on orders so I should have some photos up soon regarding those.  I also have a wool head streamer I would like to show everyone.   Remember people, I am not dead just busy with my full time job and cursing Mother Nature for raining on my fishing days.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Nature. I have the same problem, though instead of rain, it's wind. Seems like any time I think about fly fishing, a steady gale builds up.

    I wonder what would happen if I brought my fly rod on a sail boat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. J.
    Awesome looking fly for that bass. This fly could be a killer in the early spring.

    ReplyDelete