Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day to Me

Went for about 4 hours yesterday to the river.  I wanted to get some fishing in during father's day.  My wife, who is awesome and rocks, came with me to keep me company.  I threw my size 10 clousers the whole time I was there.  The water is still high, fast and stained so the fishing is still tough.  There is no popper fishing right now given how fast the water is still moving.  So, I threw the clouser and did pretty well.  I managed to land a total of 16 fish of which 4 were smallies, 11 were long eared sunfish and 1 was a big surprise.....a 20 inch catfish.  I haven't caught a catfish on the fly rod in quite some time.  It was a total surprise and put up one heck of a fight.  I could not find my camera so I had to use my cell phone so I am sorry for the crappy photos.  Oh and since I was wading and there was no shore line for me to step on to I had to hold the catfish out as far as I could to photograph it.





No comments:

Post a Comment