Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Friday, April 8, 2011

While the Boss is Away....

the slave will take a short break from the sweat shop to give everyone a quick update.   The boss went for food so I have some time to type.  First, I am still alive.  Second I am down to my last 6 poppers.  I will then only have 12 Monocacy Bumble Bees to tie up tonight and the Orvis order will be done. I can't wait.  I am tied of tying!!!  I made a bunch of balsa popper bodies yesterday.  We also had to run out for hackle as I needed some black hackle for my purple popper.  All the purple hackle I had was too small. I started tying poppers at 8 at night.  I finished at 2 in the morning.  I had 36 done.  I figured out that I average around 6 minutes a popper.  Not bad but not great.  I am and have never been a fast tyer.  I got up this morning and aside from eating I have been tying all day.  I am glad to be almost finished!  I should probably run now and get bench at work before the boss finds me "relaxing" and on a break!  Here is how the bench looked when I left it at 2 in the morning.....

Well I was going to post a photo but it would not load right and Blogger doesnt allow you an way to turn them.  So no photo.  Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Yup, tying pro takes the fun out of it sometimes. I gotta get some of your flies man. I will pay with Paypal or cash . . . C'mon, hook a brotha' up.

    Take some time off and go fishing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just finished my 40 dozen order and taking some time off the vise. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Riverwalker34 either shoot me an email or I will send you one to talk about what you want.

    ReplyDelete