This is the date on which I made and fished my first popper. I, of course, did a sloppy, rush job in order to get it out on the water. I used a cork body in size 10, black and yellow paint, the same sealer (didnt let it dry), as well as yellow and black hackle but no legs. I used the yellow hackle for the tail. I got away from this by using squirrel and calf for the tail but it is something I am thinking about going back to and trying. I also used 3mm doll eyes for the eyes which are now next to impossible to find. I managed to catch 9 sunfish and one smallie on it before it started to rain really hard. Leaving the river, I realized that I was hooked with making my own poppers. That was almost four years ago. I think it is important to know where you have come from to see where you are headed. With my first and second sales of poppers completed this weekend, I took some time to look at my first popper in my display case to see just how far I have come in the construction and painting (well at least in my mind). I am excited and nervous about this new venture upon which the wife and I have started. J&M Flies is now officially open for business.