Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I was blown away today...

The wife and I ran up to the local Orvis fly shop today looking for legs.  I needed some more silli legs in yellow/gold/black for my Fish Foolin' Frog popper.  I was not going to have enough to complete the 15 I needed to send out.  So, knowing that we are going to a fly shop, the wife makes me bring along some poppers I have tied up lately.  She is pushing me to sell them.  I say pushing but it is in a good way but don't kid yourself, she doesn't want to go back to work full time so selling them could (a) help us out and (b) keep her a part time worker.  Anyways, after arriving and seeing some of their poppers, the wife decided not to show them to the owner who was there.  I couldnt find the legs I was looking for so I decided to ask.  In an effort to show my stuff at the same time I showed one of my Fish Foolin' Frog poppers as an example of what type of legs I was looking for.  The owner came over and went through my box of poppers.  The first words out of his mouth were "Where did you get these poppers from?"  I explained to him that I had made them and he was floored.  He kept saying over and over again how good they were.  I put them away and he asked me to get them out so he could see them again which I happily agreed to.  I need to go back to pick up the legs they ordered for me so I am hoping I can strike up a deal with him to sell them.  I will say though that I was blown away by what he said and very proud of my work.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats buddy! Hopefully you get in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I hope you can get them to carry them for you. When you go to pick up your sili legs you should "just happen to" have another sampling of your poppers with you to show them. I hope they make you an offer Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you should be proud; these are amazing! Very nice craftsmanship there. It's always charging getting some respect for putting the extra few details and commitment to excellence in your own work. Glad someone took the time to share their appreciation for it with you!

    Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I am glad you all appreciate them as well. Also, a big thanks for following my blog. Hopefully when I go back to pick up my legs we can strike a deal to start selling them.

    ReplyDelete