Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An Outing With the Chesapeake Women Anglers

This past Saturday, Melissa and I were invited to attend a picnic/fishing outing hosted by the Chesapeake Women Anglers group.  They were having their get together at Pine Cliff Park along the banks of the Monocacy River.  For me, this would be my home water and the location I fish the most.  So naturally I could not resist.  Besides, its always great to get out and meet other like minded anglers.

So Melissa and I geared up for Saturday's outing.  I decided to take my family of Lamson Konics and some select fiberglass rods for anglers to try.  I was hoping to get some more people converted to glass.  Melissa and I also put together a nice display of our flies.

Not really knowing what to expect we showed up on Saturday with some apprehension.  That, however, was all in our heads.  We were welcomed by one and all.  We had a great time talking flies and fly fishing with the members who were there.  We got a very warm welcome from Maria who has been following us on Facebook.  Maria took some time to speak with us but the highlight of the evening was the time she took to work with our son on casting a fly rod.  Nathaniel has been making his own poppers as of late and has been bugging me to take him fishing.  Maria gave him a rod and showed him how to cast.  She was even kind enough to take him in the water with her.  Nathaniel was using one of his poppers in hopes of landing the big one but he managed to create such a mess of the reel that he had to stop fishing.  Not surprised.

Overall we had a terrific time with the group.  For our female angler friends, fans, and followers you can find them on Facebook at Chesapeake Women Anglers.  A very special thank you to Maria for the invite, the warm welcome and especially her patience with Nathaniel.  He now loves fly fishing and wants to practice casting all the time.  Of course the problem is he is driving me nuts!











No comments:

Post a Comment