Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Long Time Coming

First, I have to apologize to my good friend and master rod builder Zeb from Snowman Custom Rod Works.  This post has been a long time coming and I should have gotten to it sooner.

After casting Cameron's Epic 686 up at Beaver Island, I knew I wanted one.  I had been following the builds of Zeb for a while and decided to contact him and work out a build for an Epic 686.  Needless to say, I was not disappointed.  If you would like to read about it, you can here at Epic Build From An Epic Rod Builder.

Since I was not disappointed with what Zeb did with my Epic 686 I decided to contact him again to have an Ijuin Yomogi built.  I was looking at getting the 7'3" 4wt which comes as a three piece.  I already have a few rods in the lower line weights so I was hoping this would put another arrow in my quiver so to speak.  We worked out all the details which went something like this:

Zeb: What would you like? color? reel seat? etc.
Me: I don't care just make it look nice.

I have stated before that Zeb is an artist in his own right.  I never feel comfortable telling people who are true artists and craftsmen how to do their jobs.  I really just didn't care to dictate how it looked.  Based upon what I saw from my Epic as well as what I saw from his other builds, I knew it was going to be a stunning build.  As always, Zeb kept me informed as he went along with the build.  I allowed him free reign to choose everything.  I hope he enjoys the freedom, but maybe he likes to be told what to do...who knows?  Anyways, back in February Zeb was passing through the area and we were able to meet and greet.  At the time, he brought along my rod for me to see even though he was't done with it yet.  Talk about being a big tease!  It looked fabulous in the photos and even better in person.  Man I could not wait to get my hands on it.  Finally, Zeb was able to finish it and it shipped.  Without a doubt I am happy that I chose Zeb to build another rod for me.  It's a looker for sure!

















2 comments: